Friday 16 June 2017

Technical Problems - and Shelving Solutions

I've been having a bit of trouble with my broadband connection over the last few days, but Tim Pugh came round this morning - and I think he's fixed it (touch wood!).
It seems to be my week for problems with electrickery (to quote Catweazle). My hoover stopped working as well - the engine was working, but nothing was getting sucked in. I'd done pretty well with it - I was given it when someone at work was upgrading to a Dyson, and it's lasted quite a long time. Fortunately, I am a woman of means now, and I was able to go down to the electrical shop by the Drill Hall and pick up a brand new hoover (or Bosch, in this case) straight away. I shall be playing with that this afternoon.
It's time for a good clean round, anyway, as I also picked up a set of shelves from Paul Harris this morning. As he's clearing out Oxford House, where he had his bookshop until just after the Festival, he's been piling shelves and other bits and pieces outside for anyone to take. Broad Street Books has had a nice pair of chairs and a stool for the shop, and several people up and down the road have had shelf units. Mark Westwood came a couple of days ago to take a lot of the books that Paul isn't taking with him - he's off to Spain at the end of the month, and there's a lot to sort out in the next couple of weeks.
So this morning I happened to pass just as a shelf unit had been put out - not too big, so I could carry it home, and I've been re-arranging the bedroom to fit it in. It should also give me a bit of extra space for more books!

No comments: